Endless Zombie Rampage Endless Zombie Rampage

Fun game

However, it can be too easy with one trick:

Get the Desert Eagle, then get the Overkill powerup. You are now getting like 75 gold instead of 10 gold from every zombie you kill. Next level, you should be able to purchase the 9000 gold minigun, and 2 levels later (if you keep the Eagle out) all the power-ups.

Four Second Firestorm Four Second Firestorm

Dumb.

In so many of the games you really have no idea what is going on until you're dead

Thing-Thing Arena 2 Thing-Thing Arena 2

Meh

The physics were really good, and the concept was nice. The sliding of the ship makes the maneuvering very challenging and fun. However, the objective mode simply doesn't grow enough (all the enemies appear by the time you're halfway through it), and the last level causes "death by ennui," in which you die because you're so bored with blasting the same ships over and over that you stop paying attention and start flying into kamikazes. Whatever the case, when my 10 minutes (the game is slow, it was actually 15 minutes) were over, I didn't feel like investing even more time in survival.

PPGD: Battle in Megaville PPGD: Battle in Megaville

Another great work

After Arayh made Etherena, which is IMO the best Flash game ever created, he comes up with a game with a completely different style yet still manages to be elaborate, challenging, and very fun. The sprites are all very good, and I love the little touches like Buttercup doing a kame-hame-ha and Bell with Gir. The controls are very tight and intuitive, and it's a great fighting system, imagine Etherena Beta in perpetual juggle mode (albeit with limited juggles) at a slower pace. The blocking and dashing system means that it's very hard to hit someone but if you do they are in for a world of pain.

The character AI's, like in Etherena, are excellent, they are very difficult, react to you well, and aren't terribly stupid. The game has a very wide challenge level so that beginners and hardcore gamers alike may be pleased. The final boss in particular, Shira Bell, is a throwback to Etherena's Elites and is one of the hardest things that I've ever run up against in a video game. However the only problem here is that Shira is so much more challenging than the preceding opponents that you usually can clear the rest of a given difficulty level with ease, then take forever to defeat Shira. After hours of fighting Shira at level 7, I blew through level 8 with ease, and still can't beat Shira at level 8.

The characters all have their distinct techniques and their plusses and minuses. Dexter is slow and strong, Buttercup is melee-oriented, Bubbles and Rowdyruffs are combo kings, and Blossom has the amazing ice breath attack. Overall, it's all balanced, with the exception of Bell. Bell's ridiculous. Her only minus is that her dash is a little slower, but in exchange you get an uber jump, superior melee, a cylinder to nuke anyone who gets above you, and most importantly the most amazingly rigged long-ranged attack in the game. All you really have to do is spam that and your enemies are soon vanquished. To give an example of how much Bell excels, just today I was having problems with Invader Zim at difficulty 8 with Buttercup (who I've been using for a very long time, ever since I started playing the game). I in desperation tried using Bell, who I had never played at all before, and with her amazing maneuverability I fried Zim. Then, I had to fight myself, and I blew it out of the park using my rigged attacks. Shira prevailed over me in the end, but I defeated her once and the other two rounds were close ones. When I quickly switched to Buttercup, I could hardly damage Shira at all. But still, it's an incredible game.

Feudalism Feudalism

Really nice, kept me entertained for a long time

Very fun, very addicting, and takes a long time to beat. Except that the character levels stop at 50 and it's too hard to snag magic items. Most of them aren't so great, and since there's only one place where you fight people who have the best weapon in the game (Darkness), the chances are really low that you get Mysterious Darkness of Death, Death being IMO the best weapon in the game if you like pressing the number 3 a lot. And a hint for everyone, Echigo is the best place EVER it sells the game's best equipment and best soldier (even though it costs 5000 gold! you are a millionaire by the end of the game anyway)

Newgrounds Rumble Newgrounds Rumble

Probably the best game on the site,

and definitely the most elaborate. This is the kind of game that I would expect when actually buying a console fighting game, not from playing a Flash animation. Everything, from the AI to the artwork to the diversity and balance of the characters to the physics engine to the dynamic camera was perfect. I can appreciate the amazing amount of work that went into this game. The only problems I had in the game were Samurai Asshole and a glitch that could screw up Survival mode, yet is an easy fix. Samurai Asshole annoyed me because (1) he was featured in only one Newgrounds submission that really wasn't too spectacular at all, yet he was placed above many prominent Newgrounds characters simply because the maker of said submission was Tom Fulp and (2) he plays like a worse Piconjo, right down to the fact that they're both swordsmen.

The glitch in Survival Mode is that when you kill somebody who has the giant power-up, every fighter from that point on has permanent large size, skewing the results. Avoiding this by dodging the attacks of a nearly dead, yet giant P-Bot can be almost as costly to one's survival game.

3D FlyingDeathNinja Arena 3D FlyingDeathNinja Arena

Makes Project: Monochrome look awesome

It's just ridiculous how hard this is, seriously. Nobody can keep track of everything around them all the time like that. The music is aggravating, too.

Project: Monochrome Project: Monochrome

Much too hard

I enjoy playing hard games, but not beyond reason. Starting at level 3 with the M-turrets, the laser projectiles simply become impossible to dodge with the bulky, slow aircraft. I finally gave up on the game at level 12, where I could never reach my quota because the W fighters would all go from the top of the screen and swerve off the side of the screen, never to be seen again, before it became physically possible to kill them via my uber-laser. I don't even want to know what the other 58 levels are like.

'Neonoids 'Neonoids

Alright game, for a while

It's good in the same ways that Neon is good: Good graphics, tight gameplay, and reasonably difficult. However, I had two real qualms with the game: First, the music cuts off after a while, which is not that big a deal but something you might want to look into. Second, the pink X's are unbearably tough. When they actually lower down their shields, it's only for half a second or so, then they simply raise it again. Usually, whenever one of those comes out, I fire shots at it in the hope that I catch it lowering its shield and dodge the reflected shots for about a minute, then I finally give up and ram it. And the game gets really critical if you die to one of those.

Heli Invasion 1 Heli Invasion 1

Fun for a while

The fun part about this game is blasting the heck out of everything once you max out your upgrades. The not-so-fun part is that you expend your EMP's all at once (not that you'd ever need them, ever) when you hit the space bar, and that the game is really, really, really easy.